Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009: The Year of CHANGE!

Just a brief message to say Happy New Year and voice my hopes for the year to come!

I believe in teachers and what they can do to change the lives of children. I believe that any effort to invite students into learning is a step in the right direction. I believe that every teacher can make a difference, a positive difference, in the life of a child. But how do they do it?

They do it by:

-being personal.
-being understanding--even if 179 days have passed with misbehaviors--but believing that the 180th day will bring a change.
-being invigorating--by trying out new things "just to see if they work."
-being interesting and teaching beyond the middle.
-being human, and knowing that everything they do will have an impact, and to try for more positive impacts than negative ones.
-being technological. There's no way around it now. Get your students involved with technology and learn with them. It will make your job that much more fun!

Happy 2009--let it be your year to shine!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Mike! Love the term you've coined. I am very excited about this blog. Through other blog comments and dialogue on Twitter, I know you have much to share and many benefit from your knowledge. Suggestion? A post where people can post questions they have about digigogy. Here is my first question: I read a blog which mentioned using Trackback. What is it and how do I use it to connect my blog to others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you say here, Mike, about HOW teachers make a difference in the lives of kids. I believe that a great deal of teachers do just that and entered into the profession with that intention, but I hate to admit that I have also met those who have not. All those in education must remember that kids are at the heart of all we do...every decision we make, every action we take, every word we utter should be bounded by the kids we serve.

    Great post! And I'm your very first follower...how do you like me now?

    ReplyDelete