Sunday, February 26, 2012

Common Core for Art Teachers

I've been working on developing resources for Special Area teachers around the Common Core standards. As I work with teachers who teach these subjects, it's becoming apparent that while there may be a willingness, there is not a path.

I put together a Pinterest page of resources for Art teachers. I'm still adding to it, but wanted to go ahead and share it. There is still much to consider and I'll be adding to it as I find relevant resources, but I hope that Art teachers will be able to start using what is there already.

The Common Core is asking all teachers to be Literacy Support for students. If they can't read well, then everything they do will be more difficult. Those of us that are doing this work honor the fact that training in literacy may not have taken place in some of the content areas, thus we are providing as much relevant information as possible as this gets rolled out to teachers.

To access the resources, CLICK HERE.

I'll be adding additional Unit Plans / Lesson Plans and resources as I get them from teachers. Also, if you'd like to contribute to the Pinterest Page, please either message me your email address so I can add you as a contributor, or leave your email address in the comments below.

I've only been using Pinterest for a short time, but the nature of it as a "Visual Curation Tool" was too difficult to ignore as the appropriate web tool for collecting/curating web resources around Art and the Common Core. If you haven't experienced Pinterest yet, I encourage you to give it a go. It has a lot of implications for curating and amplifying information for teachers AND students!

Follow Mike on Twitter for even more resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment